A Complete Guide to PHP – A Server Side Scripting Language
Unique features of PHP
PHP is a very famous language, and it contains various features. Some of these characteristics are general since they are offering in many programming languages such as C, C ++, Perl and more. Besides, PHP contains its unique features. Following is the list some of the unique features of PHP. There are various features given by PHP. All the features discussed below one by one.
- Oriented to objects
If a person is in the programming background, then he can without a doubt understand the PHP syntax. And he can write PHP scripts quickly because of the majority of PHP syntax inherited from other various languages like C or Pascal
PHP offers different predefined functions to protect the data. It is also well-matched with many third-party applications, and PHP can incorporate with others. In the PHP script, it is not necessary to comprise libraries like c, special compiler directives such as Java, the PHP engine initiates the execution from the escape sequence (<?) And ends with a closing escape sequence (<?). In the PHP script, there is no requirement to write the primary function. And people can do work with PHP without creating a class.
PHP 4.0 establishes a resource allocation method and more pronounced support for object-oriented programming, in adding together to session management functions. Removing unnecessary memory allocation.
Multiple trusted data encryption choices are supporting in the predefined set of PHP functions. People can use many third-party applications to protect their data, which allows them to protect their application.
PHP is an open-source programming language so the user can download it freely; there is no requirement to buy a license or anything.
PHP has extra object-oriented programming features, and Object-Oriented programming became feasible with PHP4. With the beginning of PHP 5, PHP developers have reinforced PHP’s object-oriented functions, resulting in more speed and additional functions.
Why utilise PHP
It is understandable that user has at their head a series of programming languages; he may wonder why peoples would want to utilize PHP as their poison for web programming. Below are some of the compelling reasons.
- PHP is a free and open-source.
- Short learning curve evaluates to other languages like JSP, ASP, etc.
- Great community document.
- Most web hosting servers support PHP by default, unlike other languages, like ASP that require IIS. It makes PHP a cost-effective option.
- PHP is updated regularly to keep up with the latest technological trends.
- Another benefit that user gets with PHP is that it is a scripting language on the server side; this means that user only requires to install it on the server and the client computers that request server resources do not need to have PHP installed; Only a web browser would suffice.
- PHP has integrated support to work hand in hand with MySQL; this does not mean that the user cannot utilize PHP with other database management systems. User can still utilize PHP with
- MS SQL Server,
- ODBC etc.
- PHP is cross-platform; this means that the user can implement their application in several different operating systems, like Windows, Linux, Mac OS, etc.
- PHP file extensions: File extension and tags For the server to identify our PHP files and scripts, we must save the file with the extension “.php”. The oldest PHP file extensions include
PHP was designed to work with HTML, and as such, it can incorporate into the HTML code.
What can PHP do?
- PHP can produce dynamic page content
- PHP can form, open, read, write, delete and close files on the server
- PHP can gather form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies.
- PHP can add, remove, modify data in its database
- PHP can be utilized to maintain user access
- PHP can encrypt data
With PHP users are not restricting to generating HTML. They can create images, PDF files, and Flash movies also. User can also produce any text, such as XHTML and XML.