If you use a computer on your day to day life, then you might have seen that at times the fan which is present inside the CPU is spinning at full speed. There are times when the fan is still spinning at full speed even after the application you are using is closed. This is the time you are basically experiencing Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU usage.
With the help of the Windows Modules Installer Worker using all the resources from the CPU, the processor ends up working in full force. There is a huge amount f head reduced which makes the fan run in a much faster manner.
Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage Error in Windows 8 & 10 [SOLVED]
What is the Windows Modules Installer Worker?
The Windows Modules Installer Worker also knew as the TiWoker.exe is basically a system tool which is present in the Windows operating system. This tool runs in the background automatically and checks and installs all the Windows updates. This tool ends up occupying 50 percent of the Central Processing Unit.
One of the most common errors which people using Windows operating system experience is the Windows Modules Installer Worker.
Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage Error
This is basically an error which is very popular in systems which are running on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. This generally occurs when Windows automatically starts to repair itself or perform some kind of updates on its own. It is a system tool which starts running every time someone ends up starting their computers or laptops. The main function of the tool is to look for any kind of updates which is available for the system.
If for some reason you are facing this issue, then you are at the right place. Read all the information carefully so that you can figure out how this problem can be fixed. Here we have given a total of 5 methods which you can use to fix the problem.
Method 1: Disabling the tool Modules Installer
It is not the right thing to do but you can always disable the Windows Modules if you are facing this error very often. Windows Module is a very important system file and should not ideally be disabled. If you are disabling this file, then Windows can updates applications and files automatically on its own. All the systems are very vulnerable in nature and can end up becoming vulnerable to external threats. You will also be facing some kind of issue related to your system performance if you disable these settings.
You can stop all the updates that prevent Windows Modules Installer for launching. If you are planning to do so, you will need a metered connection so that you can stop the whole download procedure of any kind of update from the network connection.
This will help you to stop the launch of the Windows Modules Installer tool. This is not the best method because your antivirus cannot update itself automatically anymore. Your system will now become very susceptible to threats. This problem can be fixed by manually downloading Windows update regularly.
Method 2: Change your update settings
You can stop this error simply by changing your update settings from automatic to manual. You will now have to update Windows manually on a weekly basis. Simply follow the steps which are listed below.
- The first thing you need to do is simply press the Windows Key in your keyboard and press R on your Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Look for the icon of Windows Modules Installer Worker or search it in the box until you find it.
- Click on the icon twice and then in the drop-down you can find the option where you can drop down and select Manually.
- Open the misc. option and look for the Windows Update icon again.
- Go and click on the Windows update button twice now and choose manual option.
- Go and click on the Windows button and go to the Control Panel option
- In Control Panel go to the Windows update option.
- You can find the change settings in the left-hand side of the Windows Update page.
- Change the update settings and simply download and install them all and press OK.
This will help you stop the error without any kind of problem.
Method 3: Fix the file TiWorker.exe
There are times when even if you have changed your update settings from automatic to manual you will still find the error occurring in your system from time to time. If that’s the case, follow the steps that are listed below so that you can solve this issue.
- If the computer, you are using is running on the Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 operating system then all you need to do is press in the Window key from your keyboard and enter troubleshoot in the search option. Click on the Troubleshooting icon. For older versions of the Windows, you can find the troubleshoot option in your Control Panel.
- In the new window, you can find the option of view all in the left-hand side. Simply click on the navigation which you will see on the next page.
- You can find an option of system maintenance. Click on it and it will start to look for any kind of problems present in the system you are using.
This entire process will end up taking a couple of minutes. This will help you to solve any kind of problem you have in your system.
Method 4: Reboot the computer
If you perform a clean reboot on your computer, you will be starting all your system files once again. This will stop all the problems which you are facing. A clean reboot will help you clear out all the junk files which have been collected in your system over time. This will also end up cleaning your cache memory making your computer speed up all the procedures. Once the whole clean up of the system is successfully completed you can fix the Windows Modules problem simply following the steps given below.
- The first thing you need to do is click on the Windows key from your keyboard
- Enter ‘msconfig.exe’ in the search box
- Click on the MSConfig.exe after you can find it
- Click on the button normal start-up and then press OK
- Restart your computer and all the changes will be made to your computer
Once your computer restarts you can see any kind of errors in your system has vanished. You can clean up the entire system of yours using the disk clean-up utility tool. This is generally sued to clean up disk space on the hard drive so that users can delete all the junk files.
Method 5: Delete the Software Distribution folder
Software Distribution is the folder which is used by Windows to keep all the files which it downloads during any kind of update procedure. If you can download the folder then Windows can store any data in there.
The address of the folder is: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
Corrupt files are also one of the reasons for the Windows Modules Installer Worker high CPU Usage error. The download file is not being can install in the correct manner. To fix this issue you can simply go and delete the folder from your system. Once you delete the folder, go ahead and perform the Windows Update check again. This will download a fresh set of files and none of the files present in it will be corrupt. Follow the steps given below while deleting the Software Distribution folder.
- The first thing that you need to do is simply press the Windows key and press R at the same point of time.
- Go to the search box and type misc.
- Look for the Windows update option and pause it for the time being. If you don’t stop the update you can delete all the files which are present in the folder.
- Now, go to C:\Windows\, search for the folder and delete everything that is present in the folder
- Restart your system and check for Windows Updates
Here we have listed down all the ways that you need to know if you want to fix this problem on your own. Fixing this problem is not a big issue because you can do each and every step by yourself. Make sure you read all the steps carefully before you follow the steps in your system. One of the five methods listed above will surely be effective for your system and you will not be facing the issue of Windows Modules Installer Worker High CPU Usage Error anymore. If you are facing this kind of issue, then you will not have to worry a lot because this is an error which is very common and you will be able to fix this issue without any kind of problem